A blog dedicated to the pursuit of all roads in the United States except Interstates

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Virginian Railway Station, Princeton WV


This is the restored station of the old Virginian Railway in Princeton, West Virginia. It contains a railroad museum; however, its hours are irregular and I found it to be closed at times when it was advertised to be open.

The Virginian was a coal-hauling railroad that was merged into the Norfolk and Western RR in 1959, and is now part of the Norfolk Southern system.

It is located at the lower end of the main business district, near an overpass that spans the tracks. I didn't see any signs, so locating it could be tricky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value my readers' opinions of my posts. They help me make decisions about future posts.