A blog dedicated to the pursuit of all roads in the United States except Interstates

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Isolated Waterfall, New River Gorge Nat'l River WV

This is a beautiful waterfall in the New River Gorge National River. It falls down one of the steep bluffs, goes under the road and flows into the New River directly behind the photographer.

But you've really got to love back roads to find this place. In an earlier post, I described the directions to Sandstone Falls. Continue along the same road. The pavement soon ends and you go a couple of miles on a dirt road. The falls will be on your left, just before you go under the I-64 bridge.

The road then goes under the interstate but stops at a gate to private property. There is no access to the interstate from the riverside road.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value my readers' opinions of my posts. They help me make decisions about future posts.