A blog dedicated to the pursuit of all roads in the United States except Interstates

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Spring from Pipe near Glen Lyn VA


I discovered this little oddity the other day while driving along a gravel road in Giles County, Virginia. I have no idea how the spring got there; it was in a patch of underbrush next to the road. There was no house or other building in the immediate vicinity.

I found it on East River Mountain Road, a few miles from the town of Glen Lyn. The road starts on US Route 460 between the Exxon station and the power plant. It winds around on the side of a mountain before dropping back down to Lurich Road next to a one-lane railroad underpass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value my readers' opinions of my posts. They help me make decisions about future posts.